We are delighted to invite you to our Brexit and Public Opinion conference.
The conference will cover public opinion since the referendum, including the influence of Brexit on last year’s snap general election; voter preferences when it comes to a Brexit deal and how this corresponds with the progress made in the negotiations so far.
9.00 Registration and coffee
9.30am Welcome and introduction
Professor Anand Menon, Director, UK in a Changing Europe
9.35am Keynote 1
Sir John Curtice – Senior fellow, The UK in a Changing Europe
10:45am Brexit and the 2017 election
- Liz Kendall – Member of Parliament, Leicester West
- Geoff Evans – Professor, University of Oxford and Official Fellow in Politics, Nuffield College
- Ed Fieldhouse – Professor of Social and Political Science, University of Manchester
- Chair: Emily Maitlis – Presenter, BBC Newsnight
1pm What do voters want from Brexit?
- Anthony Wells – Director of Political and Social Research, You Gov
- John Garry – Research leader, The UK in a Changing Europe and Professor of political behaviour, Queen’s University Belfast
- Alan Renwick – Research leader, The UK in a Changing Europe and Deputy Director, UCL Constitution Unit
- Sara Hobolt – Research leader, UK in a Changing Europe and Professor in the Department of Government and the European Institute, LSE
- Chair: Adam Boulton, Editor-at-large of Sky News, and the current presenter of All Out Politics
Chris Wilkins, Former Strategy Director and speechwriter for No.10
3:15pm Progress in the negotiations so far
- John Mills – Founder and chair JML, economist and businessman
- Helen Drake – Research leader, The UK in a Changing Europe and Professor of French and European Studies, Lough borough University
- Mats Persson – Head of EY’s International Trade, Economics and Policy Unit and former special adviser to former UK Prime Minister David Cameron
- (Chair) Jo Coburn, presenter, Daily Politics
To register please click here.
Venue: The Royal Society, 6-9 Carlton House Terrace, London, SW1Y 5AGView all events