9.00 Registration and coffee
9.30 Welcome and introduction
- Professor Anand Menon, Director, UK in a Changing Europe
10:45 What Transition Deal?
This would include what a transition deal should/would look like and what will the UK be transitioning to.
- Iain Begg, LSE
- Henry Newman, Open Europe
- John Springford, CER
- Chair: Allie Renison, IoD
13.00 Economic effects of Brexit
Discussion of evidence on implications of alternative scenarios and how the economic consequences might play out over time and across different industries/regions.
- Philip McCann, University of Sheffield Management School
- Alison McGovern, MP for Wirral South
- Thomas Sampson, LSE
- Chair: Evan Davis, Newsnight
14.00 Which trade barriers matter for the UK?
What types of trade barriers are most important for UK firms with an eye to shedding light on priorities for future trade negotiations. It would be interesting to have a couple of business leaders on this panel – perhaps someone from the car industry and someone from finance, but I don’t have the right contacts to suggest names.
- Swati Dhingra, LSE
- Martin Donnelly, formerly DIT
- Allie Rennison, Institute of Directors
- Chair: Soumaya Keynes, The Economist
15:30 Keynote Debate
- Shankar Singham, Director of Economic Policy and Prosperity Studies, Legatum Institute
- In debate with Ian Dunt, Editor, Politics.co.uk
16.45 Deals with non-EU countries
What should be the priorities? How will negotiations with non-EU countries be linked to negotiations with the EU? Can deals with other countries offset lost trade with the EU?
- Meredith Crowley, Cambridge
- Julian Jessop, Institute of Economic Affairs
- Alan Winters, Sussex
- Chair: Chris Giles, FT
17:45 EndView all events