This roundtable event brings together an expert panel to seek to reposition this discussion within the broader context of conversations about migration and citizenship, from who is a migrant? to the lived experience of becoming citizens. It explores the processes and practices of making migrants and citizens in the present-day and remembers the transformation of Commonwealth citizens’ rights.
This has consequences in respect to the structures that support their continued residence and rights in the places that they have made their homes. It is becoming apparent that there are outstanding questions about who will be able to stay put and on what terms?
- Dr Nando Sigona – Brexit research leader, The UK in a Changing Europe
- Dr Michaela Benson – Brexit research leader, The UK in a Changing Europe
- Bridget Anderson, Professor of Migration and Citizenship, University of Bristol
- Dr Leah Bassel, Associate Professor, University of Leicester
- Omar Khan – Director, Runnymede
- Colin Yeo – Immigration barrister, Garden Court Chambers
To register click here.
Venue: The British Library, Eliot Room, 96 Euston Road, London, NW1 2DBView all events