The triggering of Article 50 is imminent; the UK is about to start the formal process of withdrawal from the European Union.
For the civil service, this will signal the next stage in a task that has been described as ‘having few, if any, parallels in complexity’ by Sir Jeremy Heywood, Cabinet Secretary.
The Institute for Government are partnering with UK in a Changing Europe to ask:
- What will the next couple of years have in store?
- How will the shape of the civil service need to adapt to life outside the EU?
- How has the civil service risen to the challenge of Brexit?
Discussing these questions and others will be Sarah Healey, Director General at Department for Exiting the EU and Professor Anand Menon, Director of the UK in a Changing Europe.
This event will be chaired by Jill Rutter, Programme Director at the Institute for Government.
Please RSVP by 14:00 6 March 2017 (subject to availability) to Candice McKenzie Events@instituteforgovernment.org.uk
- Persons attending are required to show a recognised form of photographic identification in order to gain admission.
- We will also carry out random bag checks.
- Please be advised to arrive early. There is a small chance that you may be asked to stand if we are full.
if you require step-free access to the building, please contact IfG in advance of the event.View all events