Regulating low-skilled migration after Brexit: the choices ahead for the UK and Scotland
Looking to inform the construction of the post-free movement immigration regime, this conference brings together expertise on immigration and labour markets to consider the way forward for immigration into lower skilled, lower paid work across the UK.
Speakers will discuss the dilemmas for governments and policymakers on migration and the ground perspectives of those experiencing migration. Break-out sessions are planned to focus on particular facets: community and integration, labour market and demographic goals, and, policy and legal enforcement
- Professor Jonathan Portes, Senior fellow at The UK in a Changing Europe
- Jill Rutter, director of strategy and relationships, British Future
- Dr Sarah Kyambi, expert on immigration and integration policy, Edinburgh University
- Dr Daniela Sime, Strathclyde University
- Dr Donald Macaskill, Chief Executive, Scottish Care
- Steven Thompson, Policy Analysis team, Scotland’s Rural College
This event is carried out by the University of Edinburgh and the University of Glasgow. Funded by the ESRC, Scottish Government and CoSLA.
To register click here.View all events