The day after the EU (Withdrawal) Bill is due to receive its second reading in the House of Commons and shortly before the Bill enters its committee stage for detailed consideration, this major one-day public event brings together leading parliamentarians and legal and constitutional specialists from across the UK to discuss the critical issues raised by the Bill and its prospects in the UK’s parliaments and assemblies.
The event will feature a keynote address from a representative of the Department for Exiting the European Union; a panel of leading parliamentarians from Westminster and the devolved legislatures; and expert panels on delegated powers, rights and enforcement, and devolution issues.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Professor Catherine Barnard, senior fellow at The UK in a Changing Europe
- Dr Jo Hunt, senior fellow at The UK in a Changing Europe
- Professor Mark Elliott, University of Cambridge
- Dr Ruth Fox, Director, Hansard Society
- Professor Colin Harvey, Queen’s University Belfast
- Lord Lisvane, former Clerk, House of Commons
- Eluned Morgan AM, Baroness Morgan of Ely
- Martha Spurrier, Director, Liberty
- Professor Stephen Tierney, University of Edinburgh
- Professor Richard Wyn Jones, University of Cardiff
The event is funded by the ESRC UK in a Changing Europe initiative, and co-convened by Cardiff University’s Wales Governance Centre and the Hansard Society.
Venue: Council Room, 10-11 Carlton House Terrace, London SW1Y 5AH
Tickets for this event are available here.View all events