With the UK on the cliff-edge of leaving the European Union and facing a consequential ‘brain drain’ of fleeing academics, Open Forum Events is collaborating with some of the UK’s leading higher education experts and strategists to present Brexit: A Degree of Clarity.
Britain’s Universities face a tumultuous period to say the least. When 51.89% of the electorate voted to leave the European Union on June 23, 2016, no one could pinpoint the effects of doing so with much, or any clarity. Now, more than a year later, a clear vision of post-Brexit Britain is still clouded by the bureaucratic fog between Parliament and Brussels.
How will changes to immigration policy affect UK institutions? Will British universities still have access to European research funding? Can the current tuition fee-system withstand Brexit? What should an exit deal include as it pertains to the HE sector?
- Dr Paul Marshall, Group Director of Business Development , University Partnerships Programme
- Chris Hale Head of Policy at UniversitiesUK
- Professor Jenny Phillimore, Professor of Migration and Superdiversity , Birmingham University
- Tom Frostick, Policy and Programmes Manager (Research & International), University Alliance
- The RT Hon The Lord Adonis, Chairman of the National Infrastructure Commission (invited)
- Professor Dominic Shellard, Vice Chancellor, De Monfort University (invited)
- Dr Douglas Chalmers, Vice President , The University & College Union
- Dr Tim Bradshaw, Acting Director of Russell Bradshaw (invited)
“What should an exit deal include for the Higher Education sector?”
- Professor Helen Drake, Director , Academy of Diplomacy and International Governance
- Robin Walker MP, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State at the Department for Exiting the European Union and Member of Parliament for Worcester (invited)
- Professor Jenny Phillimore, Professor of Migration and Super Diversity at the University of Birmingham
- Marion Fellows MP, Member of the Commons Education Select Committee and Member of Parliament for Motherwell and Wishaw (invited)
Click here for more information and to register.View all events