This all-day event will explore how public opinion has influenced British politics since the referendum and what political divisions and identities have been created and exposed.
9am: Registration opens
9.25am: Opening & introduction
9.30am: Keynote speaker: Sir John Curtice, The UK in a Changing Europe
10.30 am: Britain after Brexit: new political identities?
- Paula Surridge, Bristol University
- Sara Hobolt, London School of Economics
- Jane Green, University of Oxford
- James Kirkup, Social Market Foundation
- CHAIR: Heather Stewart, Guardian
11.45am: Brexit and immigration: what do people want?
- Rob Ford, University of Manchester
- Bobby Duffy, King’s College London
- Sunder Katwala, British Future
- Heather Rolfe, National Institute of Economic and Social Research
- CHAIR: Faisal Islam, Sky News
2pm: Keynote speaker: Adam Boulton, Sky News
3pm: Brexit and the new party politics
- Anand Menon, The UK in a Changing Europe
- Tim Bale, Queen Mary, University of London
- Liz Kendall MP
- Iain Dale, LBC radio
4.30pm: The politics of the Union
- Richard Wyn Jones, Cardiff University
- John Garry, Queen’s University Belfast
- Lisa Nandy MP
- Alex Massie, The Spectator
- CHAIR: Esther Webber, Times Red Box
Click here to register.
Venue: Congress Centre, 28 Great Russell Street, London, WC1B 3NG.View all events