Brexit represents a critical juncture in British politics. The decision to leave the European Union is already having major consequences for Britain’s economy, democracy and place in the world. But the British model of democratic capitalism faces deep challenges, whether or not the UK actually leaves the EU. This Political Quarterly event marks the launch of a new book, written by some of Britain’s leading academics and commentators, which addresses the question of what lies ahead for Britain.
This ‘Britain Beyond Brexit’ event brings together the editors of the Political Quarterly special edition with contributors and leading politicians. Presentations from authors will be followed by a political debate, with drinks after the event finishes at 7pm.
- Ed Miliband MP, Former Leader of the Labour Party
- Nicky Morgan MP, Chair of the Treasury Select Committee
- Professor Maria Sobolewska, University of Manchester
- Professor Diane Coyle, University of Cambridge
- Martin Sandbu, European Economics commentator, The Financial Times
- Gavin Kelly, Chief Executive of the Resolution Trust
- Professor Nick Pearce, University of Bath
Date and time: 15 May, 5:30 until 7pm
Venue: 2 Queen Anne’s Gate, London SW1H 9AA
Tickets: Visit this Eventbrite page.View all events