A year ago the UK Representation to the EU (UKREP) became the UK Mission to the EU, reflecting the UK’s departure from the EU’s institutions. A new report by UK in a Changing Europe looks at how UKREP exercised its role as “Whitehall in Brussels” over the last 10 years and looks at how it might need to operate in the future.
Join us to discuss the report and what the future holds for the UK’s official representatives as they navigate the future as a third country.
We will be joined by:
- Sir Stephen Wall GCMG LVO, formerly Britain’s Ambassador to Portugal and Permanent Representative to the European Union
- Katrina Williams, Director General, External Affairs at Scottish Government
- Ulf Sverdrup, Director of the Norwegian Institute of International Affairs
- Matt Bevington, former Researcher at UK in a Changing Europe now Senior Associate, Global Counsel
- Chair: Jill Rutter, Senior Research Fellow at UK in a Changing Europe
Date and time: 6 – 7.15pm, Thursday 18 March
This is a virtual event.BACK TO ALL EVENTS