Academics from the UCL Constitution Unit examine objectively the options for a further referendum.
The chapters in the report explain the following:
- How a further referendum might come about
- The referendum process, and the minimum timetable
- The form the question might take
- The regulatory framework, and options for improving the quality of debate
- The pros and cons of making a referendum legally binding
- How and when a further referendum might occur
The views expressed in this research paper are those of the authors and not necessarily those of the UK in a Changing Europe initiative.