May local elections: what’s at stake?
On Thursday 6 May, England will head to the polls to vote in the 2021 set of local elections, taking place against a backdrop of Covid-19 and the impact of Brexit. But why are these elections important?
At our recent Isolation Insight event, speakers discussed.
- Professor Jane Green, Director, Nuffield Politics Research Centre and Co-Director, British Election Study
- Professor Michael Thrasher, Elections Analyst, Sky News and Associate Member, Nuffield College
- Kate Proctor, Political Editor, Dods Group
- Paula Surridge, Deputy Director, UK in a Changing Europe
- Chair: Professor Anand Menon, Director, UK in a Changing Europe